Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.


Our Office

  • Wendi Lester & Associates, PC


    1625 Williams Drive
    Georgetown, TX 78628



Personal Injury FAQs

Q: I have been seriously injured in an accident. What should I do?

A: If you were injured in a car collision, or truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian accident, it is important to collect as much information as possible. Collect as much of the following information as you can, and as soon as possible:

  • Names, addresses, and contact information for the drivers and owners of the vehicles involved in the accident
  • Insurance policy information from the other vehicles' owners
  • Names, addresses, and contact information of any potential witnesses
  • Information about the accident scene, such as the position of the cars and photographs of the scene and vehicles involved
  • Weather and lighting conditions at the time of the accident

If you suspect another driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or has violated a law, you should contact the police immediately. If you or anyone else at the scene is injured or in pain, you should seek immediate medical assistance. It is important to note that accident-related injuries are not always immediately noticeable; it is not uncommon for the pain or injury to manifest itself weeks or even months subsequent to the accident. Contact your insurance company as early as possible to report the accident.

Time is of the essence in personal injury cases, because in Texas parties generally have up to two years from the time of the injury to file a personal injury claim. To view the statute of limitations regarding personal injury claims in Texas, see the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Section 16.003. You should also seek the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney, to ensure that your rights are protected.  

Q: If I was seriously injured, who will pay my medical expenses?

A: Texas law requires each registered vehicle to be insured for certain minimums, which are as follows:

  • Bodily injury to or death of one person in one accident: $30,000.00
  • Bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in one accident: $60,000.00
  • Damage to or destruction of someone else's property: $25,000

For further information on the required insurance minimums, see Section 601.072(a) of the Texas Transportation Code.

Although you may have more coverage on your insurance policy than the amounts shown above, the other driver involved in the accident may not. The other driver might have minimum coverage, and if your medical expenses exceed the coverage amounts, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for the accident to recover the rest of your damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and punitive damages.

If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in an accident, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you or your loved one recover for any injuries suffered. Wendi Lester is an experienced personal injury attorney dedicated to obtaining recovery for injured plaintiffs. Contact Wendi Lester & Associates, P.C. today for a free consultation.